I found this quote posted on Facebook, and I think it is very true.
How dare we say “I’m bored”?!
We’re all guilty of saying it at some point. But we have to remember these wise words.
How can we prevent boredom?
- There is a whole world outside the front door – go outside. Walk around.
- There are many whole worlds inside a book – just pick one up and read.
- Flick through a dictionary, pick a random word and Google it to see what you can find.
- Visit a new place.
- Visit a familiar place and go down a different street.
- Hop on a train/bus and get off at a different stop.
- Go for a drive and get lost.
- Visit someone you know.
- Go to a museum or art gallery.
- Sit in a café and people-watch.
- Start a new hobby: learn a language, learn to knit/sew/cook etc.
- Read blogs.
- Watch random videos on Youtube.
- Go for a run.
The list goes on!
I have had days where I’ve uttered the words “I’m bored” but I intend to make those days few and far between now: life is too short and too precious to sit around doing nothing!