I just realised i haven’t written a blog yet in March! Oops!
I haven’t been doing much, had a few days off work, then a rather busy weekend at work. Managed to round off the weekend with a much needed catch-up and chill time with some close friends in our usual hangout at a local pub. Also managed to wrangle today off work as one of my paid holiday days, of which i have rather a lot left to take and not much time to take any. So i’ve spent most of today watching a bit of TV, and jobhunting!
I haven’t been reading a lot in the last week, as i was mainly waiting for some new books to arrive in the post! I started re-reading the Harry Potter series for the umpteenth time though!
It’s not like i don’t already have new books lying around though – i have books on my Kindle waiting to be read! I currently have the following as yet unread ebooks:
- “H10N1” by M.R. Cornelius
- “Facing the Son, A Novel of Africa” by M.L. Rudolph
- “Little Women” by Louisa May Alcott (i felt i should try this)
- “Ulysees” by James Joyce (i ought to read at least one of Joyce’s books!)
And then today, two of my book orders arrived:
- “The Poison Tree” by Erin Kelly
- “Every Other Day” by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
I’m currently waiting on two more book orders to arrive:
- “Shame” by Karin Alvtegen (i read “Missing” and thought i’d try another of her books – good translated fiction!)
- “The Elegance of the Hedgehog” by Muriel Barbery (another translated book)
I have a HUGE list of books which i want to read, and it’s difficult to pick out a few to buy at a time – i am trying not to spend all my wages on them! A lot of these are just random choices which i liked the sound of, but we will see! This feels like a lot of books to me, but it’s enough to keep me going through March!
I’m also still looking for publishing jobs, and i have applied for a few more! Unfortunately, i got rejected (again!) from one application after going for an interview two weeks ago. Ah well, i’ll keep trying!