Here is an update of my latest Challenge, with just under 2 days left to go!
My tasks for June are as follows:
- Read a brand new book. – Read “Peaches for Monsieur le Curé” by Joanne Harris.
- Read a classic you’ve never tried before. – Started reading “Tess of the D’Urberviles” by Thomas Hardy
- Re-read a book you studied at school/college/university. – Re-read “Z for Zachariah” by Robert C. O’Brien.
- Read a play. – Re-read “The Changeling” by Thomas Middleton and William Rowley
- Read a book that you have owned for a while but haven’t started yet.
- Re-read a favourite book from your younger years. – Re-read “Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Harvest” (A novelization from the hit TV series of the same title)
- Read a non-fiction title. – Started reading “The Queen’s English” by Bernard C. Lamb
- Read a book that is totally different to the sort you usually read. – Read “New Finnish Grammar” by Diego Marani
Deliberately chose a short book for Task6 as i’m running out of time, but it’s good to read about Buffy’s early days again!
My non-fiction choice has been sitting on my shelf for a while and is really interesting! (Doesn’t count for Task5 as well though, because i’d already started it a while ago!) A bit heavy going though, taking a while to read it!
Decided to re-read “The Changeling” by Thomas Middleton and William Rowley for Task4, which i read during my A Level English and actually quite enjoyed. We went to see it performed at the Barbican in London and it was a great show! It is also fairly easy and quick to read (especially if you’ve read or studied it before like i have!) which is good as i’m running out of days in June to finish this challenge!
Can i finish 3 books by tomorrow night? We’ll see!