As 2011 comes to a close, i’m thinking about the book’s i’ve read.
My Top 5 favourite reads of 2011
1) “The Time Traveler’s Wife” by Audrey Niffenegger – Intriguing and beautifully written
2) “Unwind” by Neal Shusterman – Creepy, but excellent.
3) “One Day” by David Nicholls – Captures your attention and makes you care about the characters.
4) “Little Star” by John Ajvide Lindqvist – Excellent plot and great twists to keep you on your toes.
5) The Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson – Well written, gripping and fascinating.
I couldn’t pick just one of these as my overall favourite! They are all brilliant!
My least favourite book of 2011
- “Beatrice and Virgil” by Yann Martel- I just don’t think it is my cup of tea.
Weirdest book i’ve read
- “At The Edge of Light” by Maria Peura – An odd and confusing novel, but intriguing.
Most surprising book i’ve read
- “Love Virtually” by Daniel Glattauer – I didn’t think i would be able to get into this despite being intrigued by the plot, but i really enjoyed it!
My favourite translated book
- “Little Star” by John Ajvide Lindqvist – Starts with an intriguing opener, gets a little mundane and confused in the middle, but ends with a bang!