As i have been on work experience, i decided to make the most of it and do some exploring!
The Sunday when i first arrived, i walked around Bayswater and through Hyde Park which was busy because it was a warm and sunny evening. I also went to Waterstones Piccadilly and Oxford Street, and also Hatchards bookshop, so i’ve done some bookish things too!
I’ve managed to fit in quite a lot of things since then, especially on Saturday when i did all the following:
- Walked along Oxford Street
- Visited the Marimekko shop
- Visited Hamleys
- Visited Liberty
- Visited Carnaby and Choccywoccydoodah
- Visited Tate Modern
- Crossed the Millennium Bridge
- Visited St Pauls cathedral
- Walked around Covent Garden and visited the Moomin Shop
- Walked to the British Museum
- Walked to Leicester Square and Trafalgar Square
- Visited the National Gallery
It was a really knackering day! I also spent Sunday afternoon at Tate Britain, which is by far the best Tate gallery i’ve been to, and walked west along the Thames and crossed over the river and came back through Chelsea.
I have also been walking through the city on an evening, going into clothes shops and just soaking up the atmosphere.
It’s a whole new way of life for me and it’s good but i can’t afford to stay here for a longer period of time!